Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas




I was dying Christmas morning. I was awake at 5:30am waiting for someone just to stir, move and inch so that we could open christmas presents. Alex slept throught the night so I was putting all my hopes in him for waking up. Dashed. Nobody moved a muscle until 8:30am besides me and I can't be the one to wake everyone up. So as soon as Donovan moved I said Santa came do you want to go see. Donovan stretching has a big grin on his face says I have to pee first. But once he saw his stocking he was so cute. Christmas just gets better when you have kids. In a very excited voice and jumping up and down, "Mom, Santa left me the biggest stocking ever!"

Donovan tore through is presents getting lots of socks, books, legos, from Santa and his favorite his Guitar. Thanks to his cousin. It is away cool guitar. Alex on the other hand didn't really care about present after unwrapping the first one. He just like playing with his hammer toy. Donovan got to open the rest of his presents and the tool set was the one that they both had to fight over. Allan got a saw to cut our wood floor when we start putting that in and I got a roasting pan.

Christmas dinner was easy. I was kind of worried about it because it would be my first dinner cooking by myself but it was a breeze. Allan made the grave and potatoes. I made the stuffing, yams, and vegetables. We had a honey backed ham for our meat and it was so good. Easy too. No heating or cooking just let it be room temperature. Alex didn't make it too dinner because he was too tired but we enjoyed dinner again that night.

Overall, Christmas was great and we are sorry when missed the family for Chirstmas but we were able to see most of you during the holidays for Thanksgiving or our practice Christmas.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can't wait 'til Brennan is old enough to love Christmas. Your boys are cute! Nice job with dinner.