Sunday, September 2, 2012

Painting

 I love our new house but the color is wearing on me.  So we have been painting.  This is the girls room.  Allan was just nice to paint the top for me so that I wouldn't have to go up and down the ladder.  Thanks dear.  I finally figured out how he will let me paint by myself with out him coming to take over.  Use lots of tape.  I mean lets face it I am a mess in whatever I do but if I tape where I don't want paint my chances increase of no mess and if I use only sheets to cover the floor my mess making ability is getting smaller.  I will admit I still got paint on the floor and the ceiling but I did good considering.

 The purple all aroudn.  I was thinking this was too bright but I really like the purple.
 Now for the pink.  So bright.  Not sure I like it but Allan says that it looks good so I will keep it for a while.  Trinity loves it but I am still unsure.  The stripe is still not done in these pictures.


 The painting is complete.  What do you think.  The lines turned out great.  Just the corners had a little drip but nothing you can tell from afar.  Some of the pictures hung and the furniture moved in.

 Allan is going to build shelves to put on the walls.  Can't wait to show you.
 So the biggest undertaking was painting our entry way.  This was tricky because we had to reach the ceiling.  It had to be painted though.  The paint on the walls before would not clean.  They used such a flat paint that it would just smear and stay dirty.  That doesn't work in my house.  Especially having a 1 year old drag her hands up and down the wall of the stairs.  So we painted.  The paint is lighter than the walls but in pictures you can't tell a difference.  If you are looking for a paint color that is neutral but not while I love this one.  Oatbran for lowes.  The pictures on the wall are a work in progress.  I have more frames to buy and a family picture to take but I like it so far.  We might have to mix things up because too much big pictures together and too many little pictures.  Any suggestions.
 The big decision was painting the living room.  I have wanted to paint a room yellow but kind of nervous to do it.  Yellow is just hard to paint because you never know what you might get.  To yellow meaning bright or too dole.  Last night I would tell you I did not like the color.  But this morning I like it and maybe can deal with it.  Makes this room a little brighter which was kind of on the dark side and is easy on the eyes.  Seeing we have to look at the wall if we are going to watch tv.  This wall will be getting a make over.  Allan is going to build shelves with pipes that we found on pinterest. They look cool so it will look good.  We will get a bigger tv I think we are waiting for black friday sell to invest.
On the mantel I want to buy a mirror and than I will decorate it seasonal - well that is the plan but who knows.  You get a sense of the color difference on this wall. Next plans - a green kitchen.  Nervous on this one because I am not sure Allan will like it.  He really doesn't love green seeing that he is always around green.

3 comments:

ALYN said...

I think most little girls would love the pink and purple. it's bright, but fun for little girls!

I love yellow. It's one of my favorite colors. What yellow did you choose?

alecia said...

Love it all!

Unknown said...

How do you have patience with painting? That is not the Hannah I know! -Laura-