Sunday, November 4, 2012

Edisto Beach Oct 2012

 At the beach again.  We let Alex go to school so we didn't get an early start but it was still fun.  Even though it was cooler than I wanted it was still a  relaxing time.  I forget how relaxing the ocean makes me.  Aubrie stayed on the sand.  She had no desire to touch or get close to the water.  Not so brave this time.  I think the cooler weather had something to do it with it.
 Yep that little head you see is Trinity getting taken out by a wave.  We had already played in the water.  The waves were a little rough for all of us.  They scared me especially with my kids not being strong swimmers so we stopped playing in the water.  To make sandcastles they decided they needed water so Trinity was on a mission.  She got her water and was ready to come back and deliver but she couldn't run fast enough and the wave got her.  She came up so surprised and wanted to cry but she didn't.  And the best part is she kept going back to get more water.
 Filling the bucket.
 She lost the red bucket and almost lost the yellow bucket but mom rescued it.
On my hunt for shells I came across a tiny crab.  I tried getting Alex to come check it out but before he came a wave got it.  So I thought it was lost but I found it again and caught it.  Alex made a good home for it.  He gave Grandpa Kit directions to not let it burrow in the sand too far or it would get lost.  We were also lucky to see a fishing boat.  They had two of them out.  After we were done at the beach we went and ate.  I love the sea cow.  So good.  Thanks for the adventure and great dinner mom and Kit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! You're making me want to go back to the beach as well!