Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Donovan and Hannah

I can't believe my little boy is six! Oh wait I can't believe he is in Kindergarten! So I guess he is no longer a little boy. How time flys. A friend showed me the cake she made her son and Donovan had to have it. Yes, I attempted to make a cake again but this was way easy. Got it off of family fun. Even Alex wants one so that he can have a dirt bike.

Donovan got new clothes because he only had shorts from this summer, a boat so that he can go fishing (pretend), books, and everyone got a remote control helicopter that only worked for a couple of hours. Dang.

Since I have gestational diabetes my mom and Kit found a sugar free cheese cake. Yeah! I got a rice cooker and a subscribtion to netflix. No more renting movies and if you live in the middle of nowhere like me it is great having. I am ready to get rid of tv but Allan has to watch football. All in all we were just glad that we were all together after tons of snow and that we had Donovan to celebrate with.


3 comments:

Edith said...

What a cool cake, How fun for him. and you too, to get a cheesecake!
I love netflix, and you're funny "in the middle of nowhere". It would be a perfect small town thing to have. How long does it take to get a movie after you send one back out there? Just curious, it takes us about 2 days.

Hannah said...

About 1 day. We were surprised how fast they were.

Kara said...

We love Netflix, too! What did we ever do without it?? I love the instant play, especially since we use our computer as a TV anyway. :)

I love your cute little cheesecake. Makes me want to have some...